salt & light
food and Care pantry
Matthew 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others,that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
The Salt & Light Food and Care Pantry is a ministry of Christian City Church. Our mission is to provide confidential, temporary assistance with food and personal care needs to families in the Gallatin Valley. In fulfilling this mission, we are constantly reminded that just as we have received God’s love, grace and forgiveness, He empowers us to offer this gift to others by serving the community and as we serve this valley, we serve Jesus.
1st & 3rd Saturday of the month from 9-11am
Christian City Church (310 Laura Louise Lane, Bozeman, MT 59718)
Julie Houts | 214-533-4206 (please do not call or email the church with Pantry questions)
1) There are no income requirements to receive food assistance.
2) The client contact form will grant you assistance through the end of each calendar year; a new form will need to be filled out if there is still a need the following year. The information gathered will be basic information, such as name, address and number of persons in the household. This information will be kept private and not used for any purpose other than serving the needs of our clients.
3) This is a supplemental food program and is not designed to meet all the nutritional needs of a person or family. When determining the amounts of food given to our clients, we take into account the size of the family and the ages of those in the household.
4) To be able to operate in an orderly and efficient manner, we ask that only one adult per family come into the Pantry to select items. All other family members will need to wait in the car or in the front reception area if health restrictions are not in place. Young children will be allowed to stay with the parent that is in the Pantry if no other adult is present.
5) Food selections are set up in categories and clients will be given a choice of items and quantity allowed based on family size. Limits will be enforced on multiples of certain items so everyone has an opportunity for a diverse assortment of food.
6) The regular days and times of the Pantry are the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month between 9:00am -11:00am unless those dates fall on a holiday. Please follow our facebook page for current info.
The Pantry is located inside the church at 310 Laura Louise Lane Unit A. Bozeman, MT 59718, next to Randash Auto Center.